Bexprt delivers customized, automated analysis for Saudi Arabian-based tier-one mobile network operator.
This Tier 1 mobile network operator in the Gulf Region was manually assessing trends in the huge amount of operational data generated by the Session Border Controller in their network, and could only access historical data for the previous seven days. This made the assessment of KPIs and trends very time-consuming, variable according to staff member, and impossible to assess seasonal or annual variations.
Utilizing Ribbon Analytics’ Data Capture Engine, SAP ASE (Sybase DB Adaptive Server Enterprise), and SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence, Bexprt delivered a 300%+ increase in data available for analysis, increasing data availability from 7 days to 30, plus implemented a series of bespoke KPI automated dashboards aligned with the client’s needs.
About the client
Part of the largest mobile network group in the Gulf Region, this project was undertaken for their tier-one network in Saudi Arabia.
The challenge & opportunity
When assessing KPIs for the Session Border Controllers layer, the customer had limited analytics capability,
- Unable to assess separate trends for each KPI
- Could only manually detect and assess any abnormal changes
- Only able to retain KPI data for 7 days, due to the size of the CDR (Call Detailed Records) files.
Below: example of the original “KPIs” available, for one day, before the project started.
The solution & services used
The Bexprt team worked closely with the customer to fully understand their pain points, use cases and future ambitions. We studied the key fields required from the CDRs, so that the data could be correctly parsed.
Having assessed and agreed the requirements with the client, the Bexprt team proposed an automated solution which,
- utilizes Ribbon Analytics’ Data Capture Engine (DCE) to handle the CDRs in their raw state
- then, inserts the data into SAP ASE (Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise)
- and, uses SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence to extract the required info from the database and presents it as an easy-to-assess dashboard.
The results & benefits
The proposed architecture was implemented, and enabled the team to,
- Capture the CDRs and start the parsing process – and focus only on the required fields. This helped to minimize the size of the CDRs, and improve the data retention period by 328%, from 7 to 30 days.
- Create a bespoke automated dashboard for each individual SIP response message. This simplified the process for the customer’s NOC teams, and ensured they could easily monitor and identify changes in trends.
Below: an example of an automated KPI dashboard delivered as part of the project.
How can Bexprt help you?
If you would like to know more about the “Ask Bexprt” informal, in-person roundtable events we hold, and other events we run, please get in touch or check out the Events page.
If your organization needs assistance to digitally transform your processes, or migrate to the cloud, get in touch. We’re always happy to have an informal exploratory conversation. email@example.com
Cover image: Shutterstock, licensed